ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] call today and summary for the Board

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] call today and summary for the Board
  • From: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:45:28 +0200

Hello Avri,

On 12/04/2011 18:32, Avri Doria wrote :

> On 12 Apr 2011, at 18:27, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote:
>
>> Please be so kind to explain how this working group got to be asked to
>> provide a summary of work to the Board by Friday.
>> Many thanks,
>
> Is it a problem to be asked?
>
> a.

It depends how - and with what deadlines. In business school I was
always told about the conflict between writing progress reports on the
work, and doing the actual work. So as far as progress report is
concerned, if there is indeed a formal request from the Board, I'd
suggest a bullet point list with progress marked as "completed", "in
progress", "remaining" and "unknown" (or something along those lines).
Something swift.

Then, there's also a process to be used for asking reports etc. The JAS
working group has two Co-Chairs, Rafik & Carlton and if the group was to
be asked to produce a progress report, then this request should have
been received by Rafik & Carlton. Has it?

Last, there's a thing as "giving prior notice". IMHO, since I've first
heard of this today, three days prior notice is unreasonable to ask of
volunteers.

Kind regards,

Olivier

--