ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Status report from the writing team

  • To: "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Status report from the writing team
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:01:39 -0400

Hello JASers,

Unfortunately neither Cintra nor myself will be able to make tomorrow's JAS
conference call -- real world and all that.

So this is an update of what we've been doing.

We have been working on both the summary text (the "Issues and
Recommendations" wiki
page<https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/JAS+Issues+and+Recommendations>)
and some of the detailed text. The intent is that the summary text will be
the main report providing the main points of the program, and the detailed
text will become an appendix to describe its mechanisms.

We are working on:

   - Ensuring that the summary text is accurate and does not counter
   anything that was agreed in the Milestone Report
   - Trying to answer (what we have identified as) open questions in a
   manner consistent with our understanding of the group's intent
   - Ensuring that the documents incorporate work done since the milestone
   report was submitted
   - Identifying open issues that will require the group's consideration

Some of this will be ready by tomorrow's call but it is unlikely that the
work necessary will all be complete by then. In any case, two of the group's
authors will not be available on the call to explain the work to date. If
you have comments or suggestions please discuss them with Andrew on the
call. At this late date, however, there have been many weeks gone by during
which comments have been solicited but very few received.  As a result, if
you want your comments to be considered, you are expected to propose text as
an alternative to that which you want replaced. The replacement text must be
clear and anc consistent with the Milestone Report and/or subsequent WG
work.

- Evan