ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] URGENT Review of Updated Wiki

  • To: "'Cintra Sooknanan'" <cintra.sooknanan@xxxxxxxxx>, <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] URGENT Review of Updated Wiki
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 23:11:18 +0100

Thank you Cintra for the great work you undertook together with Evan. You
both worked very hard on a saterday.

I have a big concern about the financial need metrics, which is one of our
main parts of our mission (charter and the board explicit request).

If I agree that the incomes reference is not the best element of evaluation
of the applicant need, I don’t see in the text here in the final version any
objective mean of evaluation, which poses 2 problems:

*       We didn’t give the board the answer to their request to provide
precise criteria for need demonstration
*       The most in need might not receive support

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Directeur exécutif

Fédération Méditerranéenne des Associations d'Internet

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231

  _____