ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Q&A - RyC and JAS WG - PLEASE REVIEW by Friday May 20

  • To: "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Q&A - RyC and JAS WG - PLEASE REVIEW by Friday May 20
  • From: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 16:01:55 -0400

Hi Michele,

The issues are mutually exclusive.

Implementing staggered payments for *all* applicants -- instead of the
full-up-front-then-refund status quo -- always seemed to be common sense
and, as I said, is standing ALAC policy advice.

But if ICANN refuses to do that across the board for whatever reasons, at
least it could offer it to JAS-eligible applications.

- Evan

--
Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
Em: evan at telly dot org