ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] ALAC statement on the GAC scorecard

  • To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] ALAC statement on the GAC scorecard
  • From: Alex Gakuru <gakuru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 07:18:55 +0300

Hello Evan,

"Cost recovery" was again featured during our last call. Could anyone hlep
me understand if to conduct the historical work ICANN took a loan -
repayment now outstanding or if they merely used up monies collected from
global consumers and channeled through contracted parties? I need to
understand this to be clear whether or not the "cost recovery" principle is
not in fact a double collection argument that should not be used against our
applicants?

regards,

Alex