ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On "pay as you go"

  • To: SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] On "pay as you go"
  • From: ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:05:24 -0400

Colleagues,

I must say I share the concern expressed by Evan, which I believe is held
by others, that the basic set of assumptions through which the fee cost
was developed is "secret sauce".

In a collaborative, collegial, problem solving organization, the basic
set of assumptions should be shared by all with an interest in them,
not the private asset of one party to disclose, or withhold, in its own
interest.

This is, as Evan observed, a Transparency and Accountability issue. Not
because "Staff got it wrong", but becuase no one outside of staff, and
those staff is obliged under the rules of the corporation, knows what or
how staff got it, whether "right" or "wrong".

Eric