ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Capturing feedback from today's face-to-face

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Capturing feedback from today's face-to-face
  • From: Alain Berranger <alain.berranger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:55:23 -0400

Greetings all,

Would it be desirable for ICANN or the WG to consider the
feasibility/desirability to help out with the incubation and
capacity-building of an RSP in Africa or Latin America for instance? This
may interest a few of the ICT4D donors, social investors and foundations. We
may even find funding interest for a continental (say pan-african or
LAC-wide) and/or a global approach to the feasibility of RSPs in developing
economies.

Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA