ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Tuesday's - July 5 - Draft Agenda

  • To: Ntfy-soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx, SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Tuesday's - July 5 - Draft Agenda
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 10:18:33 -0500

Dear Colleagues:
We are offering the following as Agenda Items for the  JAS WG call of
Tuesday,July 5:

1) Clearance of letter to Kurt Pritz confirming staff support to produce
final report as well as draft Crone/NAG - 5 mins
2) Consensus on Funding Model, Funds and Process Aspects (including
Foundation setup - (Avri to Lead) - 25 mins
[See https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/Funds+and+Foundations]
3) Consensus on Methods,Parameters and Terms for In Kind Services - (Elaine
to lead) - 25 mins
[See Elaine's post to the list of June 8 and
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/11141604/Evaluation+Critera+Provider+Types.xlsx
]

4)  RSP as In- Kind Service for sustaining Needs-Assessed gTLDs operations -
(Eric & Avri) - 5 mins.
[See
https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/Capacity+building+-+Registry+Service+Providers]

Here is the text of the letter to Kurt for which we seek the WG's support:

"Dear Kurt:
I am following up on your commitment to the ALAC at Singapore to ensure
adequate staff resourcing of the JAS WG so that we produce outputs with the
quality expected by the Community for the deadlines we are severally
agreed.  The JAS WG has, by consensus, authorized a formal request by the
co-chairs of the WG to ICANN Corporate. We have determined that we will need
extensive staff support to:

   1. Establish a framework for applicant processing sufficient to meet the
   requirements for needs assessment for worthy JAS applicants
   2. Complete and format a Final Report of quality consistent with the
   tradition of policy advice work groups
   3. Develop a guide with accessible information for applicants that may
   wish to be qualified for the JAS program of no lesser meter and quality of
   the Final gTLD Applicant Guidebook ( May 2011, as amended)

We thank you on behalf of the WG in anticipation of a formal positive
response."

Kind regards,
Carlton & Rafik"

Carlton A Samuels