ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from JAS WG July 5 Meeting

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from JAS WG July 5 Meeting
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 07:06:23 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 7:06 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:Welcome to the JAS WG July 5 Meeting. See proposed agenda on
the  left and request to Kurt above.
  baudouin schombe:hi Karla thanks for welcoming
  Karla Valente:how is everything?
  baudouin schombe:no bad
  baudouin schombe:the country is in a fever of preparations for the elections
of November 2011
  Carlton Samuels:Good morning all
  Carlton Samuels:Welcome
  baudouin schombe:hi Carlton very happy to read you
  Carlton Samuels:Hey Baudouin, same here brother. Happy to see you
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I'll be a few minutes late into this call. On another
conference call which is far from finishing
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:+1 for Kurt letter
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I'm on now.
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:minor suggestion for 1. "Establish a framework for
applicant processing" to "Establish a framework for applicant evaluation"
  CLO:Happy with that change in text Dev
  Carlton Samuels:So noted.
  Carlton Samuels:That's a good one
  Eric Brunner-Williams:is everything on this one wiki page? sort of a
follow-up on clo's comment that the wiki->email interaction is not auto-magic
  Gisella Gruber-White:Dave Kissoondoyal has joined the call
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Sorry to be late due to work commitments.. I have joined
the call now
  Dev Anand
Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/Funds+and+Foundations
  Carlton Samuels:Thankyou Avri
  Carlton Samuels:I was about to point that out...that's the beginning....and
  Eric Brunner-Williams:a link to the list does NOT contain all of the sub
nodes, and absent the list of live sub-nodes, the location of text of relevence
is indirectly communicated. my suggestions is that wiki use not be inadvertenly
covert
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:A RSS feed could be created
  avri:Are you saying i was making intentionally covert contributions?
  CLO:happy wioth anything that works  for simple  users like me Dev
  Eric Brunner-Williams:for instance the link in dev's message (a few lines
above) is NOT informative as to the sub-nodes
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:+1 Alan - I'm looking into that
  Rafik:the world of wiki is wonderful and plenty of nice features :)
  Eric Brunner-Williams:you're in a maze of twity wiki links that all look
alike ...
  CLO:I disagree  with you Eric
  CLO:on this  issue
  CLO:mailing lists are NOT the be all and end all of records of WG activity
  CLO:they are complementary amd  many of us  prefer one over the other
  Carlton Samuels:I have indicated and urged  the use of BOTH wiki and mail
list!
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Agree with Carlton
  Alan Greenberg:Let's just agree that both methods have failings and we cannot
spend all of our time addressing the tools instead of substance.
help a lot to compile the comments and led to have an ongoing structure of the
report
  baudouin schombe:I believe that the use of wifi and the mailing list should
be maintained
  baudouin schombe:excuse me I want to say wiki
  Rafik:@alan if we continue in that way we can produce report about best
practices for using tools in WG context ;)
  Eric Brunner-Williams:+1 alan, a list of live nodes and notifications would
be helpful, my hope is that work of more than a single author's interest is
accessible -- not in theory but in practice, which i think amount to simply
awareness of existance and location.
  Eric Brunner-Williams:i'm sorry but the gap between words is so great i loose
the beginning of the sentence by the time carlton gets to the end
  Rafik:@eric please focus on the susbtance, thanks
  Eric Brunner-Williams:how the hell can i focus on the substance if i can't
even follow it????
  Alan Greenberg:@ avri - that was already in milestone 2
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:sorry - I have to run to my next conference call.
  avri:i just assumed he meant Registry
  Carlton Samuels:Yes Avri,thanks
  Eric Brunner-Williams:no, it was for the specific registrar issue raised at
the public meeting in singapore
  Carlton Samuels:I meant Registry
  Eric Brunner-Williams:the email was about the registrar agenda item
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Thanks and bye to all
  Carlton Samuels:Bye all
  baudouin schombe:bye thanks
  CLO:bye all
  Eric Brunner-Williams:that "factually incorrect" comment was incorrect
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:bye all