ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from JAS WG July 1 Meeting

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] FW: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from JAS WG July 1 Meeting
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 07:06:51 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 10:13 PM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:Welcome to the JAS WG July 1 Meeting.
  Karla Valente:See agenda on the side and recent Board resolution on the notes.
  Baudouin Schomb�:Hi Karla
  Karla Valente:hello
  Baudouin Schomb�:Since last February, I was absorbed in the activities of
local consultation. My use of time begins to be a bit airy.
  Karla Valente:nice to see you back!
  Baudouin Schomb�:thanks Karla
  Baudouin Schomb�:Olivier salut
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:bonjour!
  Baudouin Schomb�:je suis de retour après des mois d'absence involontaire
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Hello all
  Baudouin Schomb�:hello Dave
  Baudouin Schomb�:very happy to join all again
  Eric Brunner-Williams:howdy all
  Carlton Samuels:Hellow all
  CLO:Hello All
  Eric Brunner-Williams:cintra's in maurtius at a course, without a phone so i
don't expect her to dial in, and she sent her regrets.
  Gisella Gruber-White:Fabien Betremieux has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber-White:John Rahman Kahn has joined the call
  Rafik:Here's the schedule the GNSO has assigned to the JAS WG final report:
"For the Board to approve the JAS implementation plan in Dakar on October 28,
the Staff must publish all documents for the Dakar meeting 15 business days
before Dakar, so October 7. So that means the Council must approve the JAS
Final Report at its September 8 meeting."
  Gisella Gruber-White:Andrew Mack jas joined the call
  Karla Valente 3:What are ALAC timeline considerations?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:alac meeting is on 27 September
  Rafik:@Olc can alac have special call to apporve in time?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:There is also going to be an ALAC ExCom call on around
10th September.
  avri:Ps, I hate the name NAG.
  Eric Brunner-Williams:QAG
  avri:perhaps we can call it Crone
  Andrew Mack:agree with Avri.  nag will set the wrong tone
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:If deadlines are missed wrt the ALAC, I am always
allowed to call for a special ALAC meeting  on a single subject which would be
the JAS
  Karla Valente 3:@Olivier: merci
  CLO:I keep dropping out of the AC room sorry   OK  for now
  CLO:OCL  it would fit nicely with on of our mid month ExCom scheduled calls
so GNSO on 8th Sept  ALAC  week of the 12th...
  Rahman Khan:May I join subgroup 4 and work with Mr. Andrew?
  Carlton Samuels:@Rahman yes indeed
  Rahman Khan:@Carlton Thank you
  Andrew Mack:Rahman, welcome
  Andrew Mack:please do join
  Rahman Khan:@Andrew Thank you, as we discussed in Singapore, we can work
together on the IDN Support issues
  Eric Brunner-Williams:the implementation document coordination with the board
schedule extends beyond the 1 sept. (gnso/alac review) dates and the 7 oct
(board) dates. some forms of assistance are deliverable before 12 january, and
some are not deliverable until after 12 april. there is a time-structure to the
specific deliverables in the implementation details.
  CLO:EBW  Yes indeed  but  the report  would need to refer in general/high
level terms  to at least some of the implementation  issues  to be fleshed out
in the 'Crone'
  CLO:I agree with @Avri
  Eric Brunner-Williams:yup
  Andrew Mack:sorry, I will check the list Eric.  not caught up since
Singapore.  if I still have questions I will send to you
  Eric Brunner-Williams:assistance for registrars where there are very few
(africa, latin america, arabic script, ...) could be as quick as lowering the
fee that staff/board just increassed generally to the prior price or lower just
as quickly.
  Andrew Mack:got it.  makes sense
  Eric Brunner-Williams:and the registrars so qualified will be able to start,
and develop competency, on the legacy com/net/org inventories before the
qualified registries have inventory to offer.
  CLO:@ Andrew ng  not a 'mere WG' IMO who is the WE  in yiur  terms  ICANN
needs to look for top up fundi
  CLO:WE  may work with  whoever leads this in ICANN  they would be a useful
Liaison to us
  CLO:if  WE find a 'donar'  in a restaurant one night  then WE need ti have a
cintact nake t give the as lead in ICANN for negotiations
  Andrew Mack:10 million
  Andrew Mack:For the record I'm not suggesting its not appreciated, just not
fully adequate.
  Eric Brunner-Williams:i think we should recommend a policy, and some
implementation details, as part of a response to resolution 20. it is the
board's responsibility to yea/nay, and if yea, it is rod beckstrom's job as
executive to execute the task of initiating icann's
  CLO:Yup   absolutly  Avri +++++
  Eric Brunner-Williams:continuing after the adobe hickup ... icann's
fundraising partner search
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Agree with Eric
  Eric Brunner-Williams:hi dave k! say hi to cintra for us if she's around your
shop today
  Dave Kissoondoyal:sure will do..
  Alex Gakuru:Do we have an "invisible" participant? Adobe lists participants
(10) - top left, but my count totals to 9 . Or is it a suytem bug?
  Eric Brunner-Williams:i think tijani's name is the almost completely hidden
10th name
  Carlton Samuels:Tijani is not showing in the window
  Alex Gakuru:ok, sorted..
  Dave Kissoondoyal:Tijani appears on my list
  Dave Kissoondoyal:just after Rahman
  Carlton Samuels:Scroll and u see him!
  avri:I have also contributed little bits of writing to several of the
subgroups.  its there a way to have meeting time for discussion of that various
idea being contributed in the subgroups?  these can either be the full meeting
or special subgroup meetings.  but with an accelerated schedule we need to talk
substance more often over the next month.
  Dave Kissoondoyal:thanks Carlton and all..bye to all
  Carlton Samuels:Thank you all!
  Eric Brunner-Williams:good bye till tuesday
  avri:anyway, i will keep adding text to the wiki for people to consider.  and
on subgroup 2 stuff, people should check out the wiki periodically to comment
on what is going in thtere, and mayhaps even to contribute something.
  avri:bye