ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] How to make wiki edits generally known

  • To: ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] How to make wiki edits generally known
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 15:52:48 -0500

......once a page is created on the wiki, I set myself a notifier that keep
track of page changes.....and so update myself.

As I've said, I see both the mailing list and wiki as relevant here, towards
slightly  different objectives.

IMHO.....and the position I have been consistent in promoting...the mail
list was the place for issues to be raised and illuminated with the
back-and-forth argumentation - posturing is easier to discern here as well!
- that one would expect from ideas in play.

As I see it, the wiki is best as the collector for longer reflection for
both half-baked ideas  as well as matters that have achieved consensus
support. It was also contemplated to be the first place of call.....maybe
even the place of record....for our report writers.

Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799