ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG Consensus Indicators - Request for Action

  • To: Elaine Pruis <elaine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG Consensus Indicators - Request for Action
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:52:45 -0500

Hi Elaine:
Sorry for the confusion, was trying to be economical with words so let me
try again.

Start with accepting the fact that a community of interest might be best
served by two scripts. So we have two (2) applications from the same -
single - applicant. The questions are 1) whether an eligible applicant who
has proposed two separate applications could attract support for both
applications, i.e. both fall within the policy goal and assessed as 'needy'
2) Given objective, whether you could jointly - not singly, one after the
other - assess both applications.

Yes, processed by needs evaluators.  And yes, finally processed together by
ICANN.

Hope this helps.

Carlton

Carlton A Samuels