ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG July 19 Meeting

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Chat Transcript from JAS WG July 19 Meeting
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 07:12:42 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:Karla.Valente@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:12 AM
To: Karla Valente
Subject: Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from Joint SO/AC WG on New gTLD
Applicant Support

  Karla Valente:welcome to the July 19 JAS WG call
  Karla Valente:see discussion content on the notes.
  Carlton Samuels:Thank you Karla
  Karla Valente:you are welcome
  CLO:I got  discinnected  sorry  can you redial to me please?
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:we are trying
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:still awaiting dial-out
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Olivier - on its way
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Cheryl - your line seems to be ringing - we are still
trying
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Olivier and Dev still to be joined
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:I'm in
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:thanks
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:We have just got voicemail for Olivier
  Dev Anand
Teelucksingh:https://community.icann.org/display/jaswg/Fee+Reduction+and+Program+self-funding+requirement
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Cintra Sooknanan has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Andrew Mack and Dave Kissoondoyal have joined
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Reminder *6 to mute and *6 to unmute
  Cintra:Hello
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Olivier Crepin-Leblond has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Cintra just wanted to say hello I believe
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:The only potential issue, I can see is what happens if
there are not 500 applications
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:but a lower number of applications
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:say 200
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Elaine Pruis has joined the call
  avri:CLO, I think that starting the new report is the right thing to do.
Assuming the leadership/rest of the drafting team is ready, i am willing to
move the text from MR2 to a new doc page.
  CLO:If you "just" build  on the MR2  as oppossed to cloning it  AND work on
the clone  etc.,   we risk thr record on the original MR2
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I agree with Cheryl -- the text should be passed by
the wider mailing list. Send it out - give a deadline & go
  avri:CLO: by move i meant clone.
  CLO:There is a plce to clone thr MR2 and start creating "it" into the DRAFT
final report   etc.,  thrn  movr text acctoss
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Seth Greene from staff has joined the call
  CLO:On the Share Information  topic  I did (on an earlier call)  mention
something re free IDN Trg  thst Tina Dam had sent me after Singapore  here is
the link for the Meeting record
http://mytld.com/blog/3014-free-idn-tld-training-icann-top-level-domain-applicant-gtld-launch.html
  CLO:+++  to @ Avri  a repository of  software options  (and other resources
IMO)  wouls be useful...
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:Eric Brunner Williams has joined the call
  Gisella Gruber-White 2:* 6 to unmute Eric
  Carlton Samuels:Eric you can speak
  Cintra:I am disconnected
  Cintra::(
  Andrew Mack:he's on the call but pouting.  I'm having a hard time with this
stuff these days.
  Eric Brunner-Williams:my question for the transcript was to elaine concerning
whether a particular registry implementation is substantively restricted by
licensing.
  Carlton Samuels:@Eric: that is how I understood the question
  CLO:Don't  make me out my APRALO hat on  woth this  ( Asia Pacific has more
than 63% of the worlds languages   remember :-)
  Andrew Mack:sorry all, last comment was supposed to be in a skype and is not
related to this call at all
  CLO:I think this  section (WT  output )  etc.,  shoiuld be treated in the
same eay as we agreed for the Funding  topic
  Cintra:I am back on the call
  avri:i will be dropping off the call on the hour as i have another call on
the hour (a work call this time)
  Carlton Samuels:@Avri: So noted.  Many thanks for your input today
  Andrew Mack:argh.  got disconnected
  Cintra:I am disconnected again also
  CLO:+++  to @ Alan
  avri:I think that what we can offer is a set of gernal guidelines that would
be used by those doing the evaluation (hopefully a few professional grant
making prtofessionals among the evaluators) to guide their decsion making.
  avri:not only gernal guidelines but general guidelines as well
  Carlton Samuels:@Alan: I agree and request your support for a few sentences
inserted in the correct place in the draft report
  avri:btw, i have moved to my next call but will stay on the adobe.
  avri:i think general guideline is consistent with Alan's suggestion.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:I am concerned that if the guidelines are so specific,
this opens the door to gaming
  Andrew Mack:Agree with Alan
  avri:Well, that is one reason i also suggest including master gamers  on the
review panel.
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:excellent Avri
  Andrew Mack:need to hop on another call.  thanks everyone, and speak with you
on Friday
  Tijani:thank you Carlton for chairing
  Dev Anand Teelucksingh:Bye all
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Thank you Carlton!
  Dave Kissoondoyal 2:Thanks and bye
  Cintra:sorry I missed the tail end of this.... but will catch it on the
transcript.
  Cintra:bye everyone