ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Friday's meeting

  • To: JAS <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Friday's meeting
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 01:25:57 -0400

I have not seen an announcement of the meeting tomorrow, or a draft agenda, but I presume that it is still on.

I have been trying to pull together a document of financial criteria, and and there has been some substantive discussion going on on the mailing list.

I would like some time on the agenda to get the sense of the group (and of staff!) of several issues:

- Concept of two phase review: 1st on objective criteria, and those that pass are subject to a more subjective review. I like the concept, but am beginning to feel that the objective criteria will have to be so loose as to have little meaning, or so tight as to exclude most everyone. An example is the $100k max and $70k minimum annual profit that we previously talked about. That would have limited acceptable applicant to those with profit of $71k-$99k - a rather small range and one that did not apply to many business models. Is this really viable.

- Issue of whether we are advocating a base flat fee reduction or not. If so, does this come out of the $2m + matching funds?

- Is the cost of administering this program funded by the same $2m + matching funds?

- We have been talking about repayment. Will this be mandatory (that is, the business plan must allow for it)?

Alan