ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Discussion of Financial criteria and how to set them

  • To: "ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Discussion of Financial criteria and how to set them
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 01:06:12 -0400

Eric, your message has a time-stamp before my message was sent, but I presume that is in error (according to the mail transfer logs) and the message was directed at me and not Alain.

I did not mean to imply that the $2m was restricted to fee offset, but rather I do not know of any other source for a fee offset. I was commenting on Evan's comment that the fee offset should come from somewhere else and the $2m be used solely for other things.

If there is another source for the fee offset, or if the Board has decided that it will simply be absorbed, it would be good to know that definitively.

BTW, one of the things that has not been discussed thoroughly (at least in my presence) is where will the funds come from to administer this program. ICANN processes do not come cheap, and I can easily visualize much of the $2m being eaten by overhead. It would be good to get this clarified by staff.

Alan