ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Auctions and outcomes

  • To: "ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Auctions and outcomes
  • From: Krista Papac <Krista.Papac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 04:12:13 +1000

By allowing any applicant to change their string post application submission,
you are effectually allowing them to pick their desired string with visibility.
If this were implemented, a supported applicant could start with a popular
string and work backwards if there are multiple applications.

Let's not forget there is a 70% refund for applications withdrawn after the
posting of applications and before initial evaluation results are posted. While
this puts $55,000 of the application fee at risk and the costs to actually
apply -- it's not a total loss.

Krista Papac
Chief Strategy Officer
AusRegistry Group Pty Ltd