ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] RE: Latest draft of JAS WG Final Report

  • To: Seth Greene <Seth.Greene@xxxxxxxxx>, "soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] RE: Latest draft of JAS WG Final Report
  • From: amack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 16:20:24 +0000

 All,

While I appreciate the work on cost reductions and the possible benefit on
bundled applications that is referenced in the GAC/ALAC statement (paragraph
66), I simply cannot support the changed language on bundling as it is written.

We spent many, many hours discussing this issue of bundling, and many key WG
members signed a letter supporting this in concept.  I have no problem
including this as a mention in the final report as it was in the earlier draft
-- as a minority view that only some recommended.

However, to say that we agreed not to consider this is inaccurate and I oppose
that language 100%.

The earlier language reflects the discussion over many months and the diversity
of opinion on this issue, while the current language does not.

Thank you, Andrew

Andrew A. Mack
Principal
AMGlobal Consulting

+1-202-642-6429  amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
2001 Massachusetts Avenue, NW  First Floor
Washington, DC 20036
www.amglobal.com<http://www.amglobal.com/>