ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG September 19 webinar - next steps

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] JAS WG September 19 webinar - next steps
  • From: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:40:32 -0700

Dear Avri and Alan,

Thank you for "volunteering" to be speakers at the September 19th JAS WG
webinar. As we are working on the details, here are few questions I need to ask:

1.       Where will you be located on September 16 and September 19? USA?

2.       Could you please provide us with mobile numbers and maybe skype
address so we can contact you?

3.       Can you do a dry-run on September 16 at 9:00am California time? This
is only for tech and presenters and should take about 30 minutes of your time.
I do not believe we need to time the presentation, but if you want, I will be
happy to extend the dry-run time. Please let me know and I will send you the
invitation with details.

4.       Could you provide me with a short sentence on how you would like to be
introduced - title, affiliation, etc?

5.       Carlton, Rafik: Could you provide me with a short sentence on how you
would like to be introduced - title, affiliation, etc?

I will work on the ppt early next week and send it to you for review. Below is
a proposed structure. Please let me know your thoughts?

Proposed structure of presentation:
1 minute (Karla) - explain the webinar structure, remind Q&A at the end.
Introduce Carlton and Rafik. Open to suggestions if you want someone else to do
this.
1 minute (Carlton) - welcome, explain what the JAS WG is, how long has it been
working,  how is composed, its goal.
1 minute (Rafik) - explain the next steps (GNSO, ALAC consideration) + public
comment + Dakar board consideration and special session. Introduce Avri and
Alan.
20 minutes (Avri)
20 minutes (Alan)
Remaining time: Q&A moderated by Rafik and/or Carlton. Note I will help to
gather questions from the chat.

Topics covered by Alan and Avri. We can see later who does what and order the
slides accordingly:
a)      When should support be provided?
b)      Who should be approved to receive support?
c)       How should Support Candidates be evaluated?
d)      What support specifically should be offered?
e)      How should the overall support process work?
f)       How would the support process relate to the gTLD Applicant Guidebook
(AG) process?
g)      Next steps

Details about the webinar: