ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Avri, Alan : here is the Webinar power point for you review

• To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Avri, Alan : here is the Webinar power point for you review
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:49:50 -0400

Not having seen anything, I have reviewed the presentation hand have a number of points below. So changes, some questions about what an item in the report means. I am comfortable doing either 1st or second half. So Avri can choose.

Alan

======================
Comments and questions:

1. Suggest putting slide numbers on slides

2. On slide 3, what is meaning of blue/black/red?

3. On slide 9, the lower left oval is not attached to Service to Public. Is this a subtle message?

4. On slide 10: "An applicant for a gTLD string that is not a generic word intended to reference a specific commercial entity (commonly referred to within ICANN as a "dot-brand");"

If that is what the report says, I think we got it wrong. That would rule out Apple (a generic word intended to reference the computer company), but would not rule out .greenberg, the TLD that I plan to apply for my for-profit consulting company (it is not a generic word). Would also let in .ibm, .sanyo….

Perhaps in this slide just say "An applicant for a gTLD string that is intended to reference a specific commercial entity (commonly referred to within ICANN as a "dot-brand");" and worry about the report separately.

5. Slide 12/3: I thought we said that the fee reduction is not "Financial Support" with upper case F/S. And we should explicitly say somewhere that this reduction is not to be funded by the $2m+ (perhap we do later but I haven't got there yet).

6. On slide 19, do you have any idea what "Evidence of any previous project fund" means? Which project??

7. On same slide: "Recommendations regarding the ability to form a sustainable operation". Rec from whom?? Perhaps means References from people?

8. Will slide 21 actually display properly??

9. Slide 22: Consideration by GNSO, ALAC and THEN Board.

10. Same slide: "Publication of MR2 for Summary Analysis"?? "Perhaps Publication of MR2 Comment Summary Analysis"?

At 14/09/2011 04:38 PM, Karla Valente wrote:
Dear Avri, Alan,

Please see attached the first draft of the power point for the webinar. I kept it simple, but it still have many slides and we need to be mindful about the Q&A.

In order to do reviews, I suggest the following process:

1.       Avri and Alan decide on which part each will present
2. Avri sends to Alan suggested reordering of slides based on sequence agreed + changes to content
3.       Alan sends Final to Karla

Does this work for you?
If yes, once this is done, I will ensure the ppt is ready and uploaded in the system for our dry-run and webinars.

The presentation total time is 90 minutes.
I have sent the proposal below and I did not hear any objections. Let me know if you are still in agreement.

Proposed structure of presentation:
1 minute (Karla) - explain the webinar structure, remind Q&A at the end. Introduce Carlton and Rafik. Open to suggestions if you want someone else to do this. 1 minute (Carlton) - welcome, explain what the JAS WG is, how long has it been working, how is composed, its goal. 1 minute (Rafik) - explain the next steps (GNSO, ALAC consideration) + public comment + Dakar board consideration and special session. Introduce Avri and Alan.
20 minutes (Avri)
20 minutes (Alan)
Remaining time: Q&A moderated by Rafik and/or Carlton. Note I will help to gather questions from the chat.

Thank you,

Karla Valente
Director, gTLD Registry Programs
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Direct:  + 1 310 301 3878
Mobile:  +1 310 936 4639

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy