ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Avri, Alan : here is the Webinar power point for you review

  • To: Karla Valente <karla.valente@xxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Re: Avri, Alan : here is the Webinar power point for you review
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:49:50 -0400

Not having seen anything, I have reviewed the presentation hand have a number of points below. So changes, some questions about what an item in the report means. I am comfortable doing either 1st or second half. So Avri can choose.

Alan

======================
Comments and questions:

1. Suggest putting slide numbers on slides

2. On slide 3, what is meaning of blue/black/red?

3. On slide 9, the lower left oval is not attached to Service to Public. Is this a subtle message?

4. On slide 10: "An applicant for a gTLD string that is not a generic word intended to reference a specific commercial entity (commonly referred to within ICANN as a "dot-brand");"

If that is what the report says, I think we got it wrong. That would rule out Apple (a generic word intended to reference the computer company), but would not rule out .greenberg, the TLD that I plan to apply for my for-profit consulting company (it is not a generic word). Would also let in .ibm, .sanyo….

Perhaps in this slide just say "An applicant for a gTLD string that is intended to reference a specific commercial entity (commonly referred to within ICANN as a "dot-brand");" and worry about the report separately.

5. Slide 12/3: I thought we said that the fee reduction is not "Financial Support" with upper case F/S. And we should explicitly say somewhere that this reduction is not to be funded by the $2m+ (perhap we do later but I haven't got there yet).

6. On slide 19, do you have any idea what "Evidence of any previous project fund" means? Which project??

7. On same slide: "Recommendations regarding the ability to form a sustainable operation". Rec from whom?? Perhaps means References from people?

8. Will slide 21 actually display properly??

9. Slide 22: Consideration by GNSO, ALAC and THEN Board.

10. Same slide: "Publication of MR2 for Summary Analysis"?? "Perhaps Publication of MR2 Comment Summary Analysis"?