ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Government eligibility for JAS support

  • To: amack <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, JAS <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Government eligibility for JAS support
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:06:23 -0500

I introduced the issue because it was something the group said it would do. and I think it is important to come to closure on this closely - regardless of whether the outcome is a) Yes fund them; b) No, don't fund them; or c) The group is divided and could not come to closure (as we did on bundling).

I now take off that hat and will give my own position. I am generally in favour of adopting the GAC/ALAC request. I don't feel particularly strongly about it, but I do come in slightly on that side. See comments below and in the following messages.

Alan