ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The CMR Team

  • To: SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] The CMR Team
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:11:20 -0500

Dear Colleagues:
On last Friday's JAS call and with respect to the members of this team, I
proposed that the small team we raised to work with Staff and the Board on
details of SARP be co-opted to the core with additional few others.  My
suggestion was adopted by the JAS, undoubtedly with my role as Vice-Chair
in consideration.

Subsequently, I have had several private messages conflating the follow-on
discussions regarding conflicts and my advocacy for a member who might
indeed be conflicted.  The messages have all pointed out that by virtue of
her continued employment or near-term employment relationship, Elaine
Prius, from all appearances, is deeply conflicted.

I am humbled by my colleagues who've taken the time to point me to this
inconsistency.  And I wish to make an amend.  I did not consult with anyone
prior to my pronouncement. Under the circumstances and with regret, I must
withdraw my recommendation for Elaine to be seated as a member of the CMR.

My abject apologies to both Elaine and other JAS members.

Kind regards,
- Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799