ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Jas WG Teleconference 20 April 2012 Adobe chat transript

  • To: "SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <SOAC-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Jas WG Teleconference 20 April 2012 Adobe chat transript
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:55:34 -0700

Karla Valente: Welcome all to the April 20 2012 Special meeting of the JAS WG.
The document we are reviewing is on the screen and the agenda is updated.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: hi there

Karla Valente: hello, Cheryl

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: :-)

Tijani BEN JEMAA: hi  everybody

Tijani BEN JEMAA: will we have the audio facility of the Adobe Connect?

Nathalie  Peregrine: No Tijani. Only on the audio bridge.

Tijani BEN JEMAA: ok, thanks

Nathalie  Peregrine: Can everyone please mute their telephones to avoid
background noise? Thank you!   *6 to mute and *6 to unmute.

Tijani BEN JEMAA: we have to finish on time because we have an other important
call at 14:00

Alain Berranger, NPOC: Nathalie, I will join the audio bridge around 9:30...
apologies for this

Nathalie  Peregrine: Thank you Alain, noted!

Alain Berranger, NPOC: Nathalie, I just joined the audio but will have to opt
out for 15 minutes between 9:15 and 9:30

Nathalie  Peregrine: Thank you ALan

Carlton Samuels: Nathalie, would you please have the operators dial me into the
bridge; 876-***-***

Nathalie  Peregrine: of course

Evan Leibovitch: sorry i'm late

Carlton Samuels: I@Nathalie: If the operators are having  trouble with the
number please have them dial my DID as alternate; 973-***-***

Nathalie  Peregrine: Thank you Carlton.

Alain Berranger, NPOC: Nathalie, running out for my errand...sorry back soonest

Carlton Samuels: I'm on, thanks Nathalie!

Nathalie  Peregrine: Thanks Alan

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: no disagreement  Avri, but the doc in front states states
that a CMR will not pre selection know the identity of aSARP candidate ....SO
for Rafic to ask for any on on this call to declare here IF they are a SARP
candidate  seemed 'to me ' problematic

Evan Leibovitch: There's only one week left in "this month"

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: yup

avri: i can give some background on that group if you like

Cintra Sooknanan: I am disconnected on my phone, is adobe connect audio
available?

Carlton Samuels: @Cintra: NO, don't look it

Nathalie  Peregrine: Cintra, we are trying to dial back to you, getting
voicemail, no AC audio available for this call

Tijani BEN JEMAA: I have a mute off and yet you don't hear me

Nathalie  Peregrine: Would you like us ti drop your line and redial you Tijani?

Cintra Sooknanan: Nathalie, I'm happy to connect via adobe connect but there is
no audio coming through

Tijani BEN JEMAA: first ask the operator to check

Nathalie  Peregrine: There is no audio streaming for this call Cintra. Only via
the telephone

Nathalie  Peregrine: Tijani, I can see you still connected on the audio bridge.

Carlton Samuels: @Cintra: The audio bridge via AC is not available

Nathalie  Peregrine: Cintra, could you provide another number to reach you on?

Tijani BEN JEMAA: so, I will try again and if it doesn't work, drop me off and
then on

Nathalie  Peregrine: Please let me know Tijani.

Carlton Samuels: @Avri:  Your explanation of the the idea for the CMR's role is
spot on!

Karla Valente: it is 1 or 2 CMR for each SARP team. Now we envision at least 3
SARP teams.

Carlton Samuels: @Tijani:  +1 to the minimum of  SARP team being 1.

Cintra Sooknanan: Natalie can you call me on 637 ***Ext ***

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: agreed

Nathalie  Peregrine: @ Cintra, yes of course.

Alain Berranger, NPOC: Nathalie, I'm back on the audio bridge

Cintra Sooknanan: I am begging a line at the Chamber of Commerce building

Nathalie  Peregrine: Excellent Alain

Nathalie  Peregrine: Cintra, the operator is setting up the dial out, and will
call you shortly.

Cintra Sooknanan: thank you

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: +++1 to that Avri

Nathalie  Peregrine: Cintra, that number does not dial

Carlton Samuels: @AVRI on CMR's role: Again, +1!  For the reasons you
described!!

Cintra Sooknanan: I am back no

Cintra Sooknanan: on

Nathalie  Peregrine: perfect

avri: Carlton: you do know that the canaries die in the process of giving out
their earlier

Carlton Samuels: @Avri: Yes indeed.  :-)

avri: Tijani, apologies for misunderstanding.

Carlton Samuels: IMy objective is the results!

Carlton Samuels: :-)

Karla Valente: Just a quick reminder, we are about 20 minutes until the end of
the call.  I hope we are we be able to appoint the members today or come up
with a way to do so offline?

Carlton Samuels: @Tijani: I was responding to your statement that of a
'expanded role' for CMR.  I might have misunderstood as well!

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: back thanks

Carlton Samuels: @Alain:  +1 on a possible CMR role in coordinator selection!
That would reduce my still non-specific concern

Andrew Mack: agreed Carlton

avri: @alain +1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: CMR as process QMS role works for me

avri: @CLO - good way of putting it.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: :-) :-) :-)

Evan Leibovitch: +1 for alain

Cintra Sooknanan: I am happy to assist

Cintra Sooknanan: I also agree with the recommendations, Avri, Alain, Andrew

Karla Valente: So I hear Elaine, Alain, Cintra, Andrew, Avri, Rafik,

avri: + to including the current sub-team en masse

Karla Valente: Elaine, Alain, Cintra, Andrew, Avri, Rafik, Tijani

Alain Berranger, NPOC: Add the three A's!!! not as good as 3 tenors...but
still! ;-)

Cintra Sooknanan: Karla you have 7 names?

Karla Valente: Elaine, Alain, Cintra, Andrew, Avri, Rafik, Tijani and Alan

Karla Valente: @Alan  sorry I did not mention you in the subteam!

Alan Greenberg: No problem. I have *plenty* of other things on my plate.

Karla Valente: Elaine, Alain, Cintra, Andrew, Avri, Rafik, Tijani , Alan,
Sebastien

Carlton Samuels: @Tijani on availability and circulation  of criteria +1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: we also have 8 already

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I'm thanks but NO Thanks to Sébastien's offer

avri: Probably should get a legal opinion on SB particpation since it relates
to the Board.  i like the idea of a Board member taking an operational role,
but we should make sure it is kosher.

Cintra Sooknanan: +1 @ Avri

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: or just say NO

Evan Leibovitch: many of us (Carlton, Tijani, CLO, Alan and me) have a hard
stop at the top of the hour

Alan Greenberg: @CLO - AGREED.

Carlton Samuels: @Avri:  I like the hands-on approach of Seb myself.   But to
my mind given the situation of the Board Program cttee, it would muddy the water

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: way to risky in optics from my view

Carlton Samuels: @CLO: on optics, +1

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: JAS fought to long and hard to get to here to risk anything

Karla Valente: Thank you!

Dennis Chang: thank you JAS!

avri: a last comment i did not make - the CMR should continue to report to the
JAS about what is going on.

Carlton Samuels: @Nathalie, please have the operator call me on 876-***-*** for
the Ex-Com

Cheryl Langdon-Orr: bye all.  THANKS

Carlton Samuels: Bye all

Alain Berranger, NPOC: Agree with Avri on CMR reporting to JAS

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://gnso.icann.org