ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Fwd: A possible W3C question re display of Internationalized Registration Data

  • To: Steve Crocker <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx" <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Fwd: A possible W3C question re display of Internationalized Registration Data
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:02:43 -0800

Thanks, Steve,

Sounds like Thomas' assessment is reasonably consistent with our initial
analysis of how other delivery methods (Postal, anecdotal info from ccTLDs,
RIR's RWS) had handled this issue.

I think that some of the requirements are outside the committee (and covered
in the work Steve Sheng and I are doing on a Whois service requirements
analysis for the GNSO) but a subset of his list is relevant. In my opinion,
the subset includes:

- extensible data model
- serializable into some sort of XML format that can be used by automated
agents
-  play nicely with whatever EPP uses for whois data
- play nicely with data models in current r'y and r'ar agreements
- some protocol (HTTP/XML binding?) that could take the place of public
WHOIS, while adding a machine-readable interface