ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

[ssac-gnso-irdwg] Registration Touch Points

  • To: ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Registration Touch Points
  • From: Jeremy Hitchcock <jeremy@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:21:13 -0500 (EST)

In discussing the "what we require", I think it would be useful for us all to
consider the touch points as assumptions we have with dealing with registration
data.  These applications we would assume to correctly handle (either
explicitly or be backwards compatible) Here's an initial list to get us started:

Computer touchpoints: registry-registrar EPP communication, registrar escrow
process
Human touchpoints: port 43 whois query, web/http based whois request

What other touchpoint exist?

Jeremy