ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] what do we require from IRD? Question (1c)

  • To: Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx" <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] what do we require from IRD? Question (1c)
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:13:02 -0800

Jay,

If this sentiment is shared by everyone in the working group then I believe
it is imperative that we capture what you've said here and put it out for
public comment. I imagine we will see strong criticism (and I do not doubt
that you anticipate this).

In parallel, I'm very interested in hearing comments from the working group
regarding my strawman analysis of what data associated with a registration
might be represented in ASCII only, what data might be "localized", what
this division implies for registrants/users, and what obligations fall upon
registrars and registries. I think your original taxonomy and these two
emails call attention to two of the most critical issues we need to
consider.

Thanks,

Dave