ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

[ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG MEETING: Monday 01 February 1900 UTC

  • To: "ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx" <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG MEETING: Monday 01 February 1900 UTC
  • From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:59:03 -0800

Dear IRD-WG members,

We will hold a 1-hour meeting of the Internationalized Registration Working
Group on Monday, 01 February at 1900 UTC/1400 EST/1100 PST/02 February 0800 New
Zealand (Auckland).

On the agenda will be a discussion of the comments from the working group
regarding my Dave Piscitello’s strawman analysis of what data associated with a
registration might be represented in ASCII only, what data might be
"localized", what this division implies for registrants/users, and what
obligations fall upon registrars and registries.  Attached is a summary of the
comments received as of 25 January, prepared by Steve Sheng, in .doc and .pdf.
 Additional comments may be found on the email archive at:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/ssac-gnso-irdwg/.  Please continue to engage in
this online discussion.

Reference documents and notes from previous meetings are available on the wiki
at:
https://st.icann.org/int-reg-data-wg/index.cgi?internationalized_registration_data_working_group.

Shortly we will send out the teleconference information.  Please let me know if
you have any questions.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie

Julie Hedlund