ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

[ssac-gnso-irdwg] Follow up from yesterday's call (what would registration record look like

  • To: "ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx" <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Follow up from yesterday's call (what would registration record look like
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 05:02:01 -0700

I thought it might be helpful to provide an example of what a WHOIS reply might
look like if a consensus were reached by the committee to recommend that

 *   both an ASCII-7 and UTF-8 (IRD) version of a registration record be
returned

*and* that, by convention,

Set aside the issue of "who" submits the ASCII7 and UTF-8 versions for the
moment. I think that is a separate issue with other impacts.

Note that the following examples are presented to allow everyone on the call to
see what I described verbally, and to allow folks not on the call to see as
well. There are other formats the committee might consider superior to this and
members are encouraged to comment.

The version I create here duplicates all registration information. As we have
discussed on the list, there may be no need to duplicate the fields that the
registrar provides (i.e., the committee could recommend that these would be
represented in ASCII7 only).

I used Russian because I know many of the characters (I wrote a keyboard
translator for a minicomputer in the lat 1970s:-) I’m using crude translation
from babelfish.yahoo.com and a fictitious IDN TLD so there is a high
probability that I’ve botched the translation/transliteration – but I hope this
conveys the idea.

------ Part 1 of the registration record is in the mandatory/ASCII7-----
Domain ID:D2347548-LROR
Domain Name:ROCK.STAR
Created On:14-Sep-1998 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:26-Mar-2010 15:12:28 UTC
Expiration Date:07-Dec-2012 17:04:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
Status:DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:UPDATE PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:CR12376439
Registrant Name:Administrator
Registrant Organization:Chocolate Factory
Registrant Street1:Cherry Lane
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Moscow
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code:
Registrant Country:Russia
Registrant Phone:+7.922.555.1234
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+7.922.555.1235
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:administrator@xxxxxxxxx
Admin ID:CR12376441
Admin Name:Administrator
Admin Organization:Chocolate Factory
Admin Street1:Cherry Lane
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Moscow
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code:
Admin Country:Russia
Admin Phone:+7.922.555.1234
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+7.922.555.1235
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:administrator@xxxxxxxxx
Tech ID:CR12376440
Tech Name:Administrator
Tech Organization:Chocolate Factory
Tech Street1:Cherry Lane
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Moscow
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code:
Tech Country: Russia
Tech Phone:+7.922.555.1234
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:+7.922.555.1235
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:domain-admin@xxxxxxxxx
Name Server:NS1.rock.star
Name Server:NS2.rock.star
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
DNSSEC:Signed
DS Created:26-Mar-2010 15:12:06 UTC
DS Maximum Signature Life 1:3456000 seconds
DS Created:26-Mar-2010 15:12:28 UTC
DS Maximum Signature Life 2:3456000 seconds
------- Part 2 of the record is in a character set the registrant
Domain ID:D2347548-LROR
Domain Name: утес.звезда
Created On:14-Sep-1998 04:00:00 UTC
Last Updated On:26-Mar-2010 15:12:28 UTC
Expiration Date:07-Dec-2012 17:04:26 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Status:CLIENT DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
Status:DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:UPDATE PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:CR12376439
Registrant Name:администратор
Registrant Organization: Фабрика шоколада
Registrant Street1: майна вишни
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City: Москва