ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER-FOR REVIEW/COMMENT: Draft Slides for Brussels Meeting

  • To: Ird <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER-FOR REVIEW/COMMENT: Draft Slides for Brussels Meeting
  • From: Jeremy Hitchcock <jeremy@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 01:07:30 -0400 (EDT)

> This is a reminder that comments are due by Monday, 14 June, on the
> attached draft slides for the Brussels meeting . Also, at this time we
> do not have a call scheduled for Monday. If you would like us to
> schedule a call to discuss the slides, please let us know today.

Nice work.

On the problem slide, I would specify interactive web page and a port 43 Whois
service as an RAA 3.1.1 requirement.

To make it clear about where the WG is, I think we want to rephrase these
statements as questions: "WHOIS services should return both A-label and U-label
representation as well as the variants for the given IDN domains queried."

On slide 16, we want to tie together a-label/u-label discussion with the last
couple bullet points.

For slide 24, we want to mention that it would require protocol.

As an aside, also reached out to an IETF eai co-chair for some general guidance
on IRD.

Jeremy