ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

RE: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER: RESPONSE REQUESTED: Draft Interim Report

  • To: "Jeremy Hitchcock" <jeremy@xxxxxxx>, "Ird" <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] REMINDER: RESPONSE REQUESTED: Draft Interim Report
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 07:31:27 -0700

Process question:  is a revised draft interim report going to be
circulated today?  Otherwise it will be difficult to have a productive
discussion of it on Monday, or to consult with my constituency in time
to reach a conclusion prior to the Nov. 15 deadline.

Substance question:  the last sentence of Jeremy's draft recommendations
raises concerns about whether we would be asking this proposed Working
Group to solve a technical problem or to make policy decisions, such as
on privacy questions.  If the latter, how would this dovetail with (1)
existing policy; (2)  the Whois inventory exercise conducted by staff at
the direction of GNSO; and (3) the Whois Review Team under the
Affirmation of Commitments?

Also: Jeremy proposes to "alter the preliminary IRD-WG recommendations."
In the Oct. 20 draft that was circulated, the recommendations section
was blank.   Is there a subsequent draft that I missed?  I would ask the
same questions about "findings" of which there were none in the Oct. 20
draft.

Steve Metalitz