ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG Co-Chair from the SSAC

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, Ird <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG Co-Chair from the SSAC
  • From: James M Galvin <jgalvin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:15:39 -0500

Thank you to Jeremy for his service.

Thank you to Julie for the nomination announcement. I will be on the call on Monday and I'm happy to engage with anyone either before or during the call if there are any questions or concerns regarding my nomination.

Thanks again,

Jim

-- On January 10, 2011 10:50:06 AM -0800 Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote regarding [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD-WG Co-Chair from the SSAC --

Dear IRD-WG members,

This is to inform you that Jeremy Hitchcock has stepped down as the
Co-Chair of the IRD-WG representing the Security and Stability
Advisory Committee (SSAC).  Please join us in thanking Jeremy for his
service as Co-Chair.

In Jeremy’s place, the SSAC has selected Jim Galvin to represent
the SSAC as its Co-Chair.  As you may know, Jim has been very active
in the WG and is willing to take on the role of Co-Chair along with
Edmon Chung.  The IRD-WG charter states that the WG “shall elect
Co-Chairs from the GNSO and SSAC.”  (See the Charter at
https://st.icann.org/int-reg-data-wg/index.cgi?internationalized_regi
stration_data_working_group_charter  in the Section 4.3 Team Roles,
Functions, and Duties.)   We’ll add the election of the Co-Chair to
the agenda of our next meeting on 24 January at 1600 UTC.  In the
meantime, please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Julie