ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

RE: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] MP3 & Transcript / Internationalized Registration Data WG / 07 February 2011 at 1600 UTC

  • To: <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] MP3 & Transcript / Internationalized Registration Data WG / 07 February 2011 at 1600 UTC
  • From: "Owen Smigelski" <Owen.Smigelski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:44:41 -0800

Dear all,

Apologies for missing the call on Monday, both of my kids were sick.
Here is an update on my outreach to law enforcement and privacy
advocates.

I reached out to the Secret Service (no further follow up), and Bobby
Flaim of the FBI (who put me in contact with his contacts in the UK,
Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the EU), so I am making good headway
with law enforcement.  I have not heard back from Interpol.

I finally heard back from EFF, who are not interested in participating
and have no other group to recommend.  I recently sent an email to EPIC
and am waiting to hear back.  I am at a loss of what other organization
to approach for privacy considerations.  Any thoughts on other
organizations to contact?

Regards,

Owen

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message is intended only for the use of
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If you have received this email in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this email and
any attachments from your system.