[ssac-gnso-irdwg] Questions from SSAC
- To: Ird <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Questions from SSAC
- From: Steve Sheng <steve.sheng@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:24:50 -0800
Dear all, we gave a presentation to SSAC on the IRD report, and the following
questions were asked.
- With registrar or registry doing translation/transliteration -- are they
taking on some
responsibility of the accuracy or semantic equivalent? Any discussion of this?
- What is your "must be present script"? Is it US-ASCII? or others.
- What is the target audience for the translation? What should registrar
translate the information to? Is it dependent on who is asking (e.g. An Arabic
speaker asking Whois information in Indic, will it be translated into Arabic?
or to English?)
- The transliterated information is not very accurate, what's the rationale
that the WG considered this?
- What about the different and inconsistent transliteration results?