ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

[ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD solution recommended by ICANN staff?

  • To: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund@xxxxxxxxx>, <ssac-gnso-irdwg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] IRD solution recommended by ICANN staff?
  • From: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:50:39 -0800

I note with interest the following from Rod Beckstrom's letter to NTIA
Administrator Strickling on January 11, 2012
(http://www.icann.org/en/correspondence/beckstrom-to-strickling-11jan12-
en.pdf) :

"ICANN staff members have developed and recommended a solution for
internationalized registration data (to ensure clarity of Whois
information using characters other than English).  That proposal is
being considered for adoption as a standard by the Internet Engineering
Task Force."

Could the proposal referred to be circulated with the IRD Working Group?
Thanks
.

Steve Metalitz