ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-gnso-irdwg]

Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Update: Final Report of the Internationalized Registration Data Working Group

  • To: Scott Austin <saustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ssac-gnso-irdwg] Update: Final Report of the Internationalized Registration Data Working Group
  • From: "Robert C. Hutchinson" <rchutch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:05:59 -0700

Hi Steve - I support making the data forms recommended in the report into a
separate summary recommendation as you noted -
Telephone/fax- ITU-T E.123; Email- IETF EAI WG RFCs; Registration Status-
Exact EPP status where applicable; Dates - ISO 8601-2004.

The standards referenced include multiple formats which if implemented
differently by each registry will make common whois readers unnecessarily
difficult.  We did not discuss this, but it is noted in the text of the
report that for example; ITU E.123 should use the international form for
telephone numbers [not the local form].  Additionally -- the ISO standard
for dates includes many forms - we should pick one.  I would recommend
explicitly stating dates should be represented in the YYYYDDD "ordinal"
form ONLY.  Also - since time may be important to some registrations - I
recommend picking the HHMMSS time format [optional].

So I would recommends we change the text as proposed to:

Telephone/fax- ITU-T E.123 [(+12 234 223 2235)international form only];
Email- IETF EAI WG RFCs;
Registration Status- Exact EPP status where applicable;
Dates and Time- ISO 8601-2004 [Date form YYYYDDD only.  Time form HHMMSS
only].

Best Regards,

Bob Hutchinson

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Scott Austin <saustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  This substantive change appears appropriate and I would support its
> adoption and inclusion in an amendment to our Final Report.
>
> Scott Austin
>    [image: Gordon & Rees LLP] [image: Gordon & Rees LLP]
> *Scott R. Austin*
> *Partner*
> saustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> vCard <http://www.gordonrees.com/vcards/saustin.vcf> |  My
> Bio<http://www.gordonrees.com/atty/atty_bio_template.cfm?attyid=saustin>
>
> 200 S. Biscayne Blvd, Suite 4300
> Miami, FL 33131
> Main Phone: (305) 668-4433
> Mobile: (216) 870-7954
> Direct Fax: (877) 644-6207
>
> www.gordonrees.com
>  *National Offices:*
> California
> New York
> Texas
> Illinois
> Nevada
> Arizona
> Colorado
> Washington
> Oregon
> New Jersey
> Florida
> Georgia <http://www.gordonrees.com/offices/index.cfm>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email.

JPEG image

JPEG image