ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ssac-retreat-2009]

InSecurity, InStability and UnReliability

  • To: ssac-retreat-2009@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: InSecurity, InStability and UnReliability
  • From: Moses Boone <moses.boone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 10:35:46 -0400

I have been reviewing your most recent Newsletter from the 14th of August
2009.  I searched high and low looking for a comprehensive sustainability
and environmental program.  I am also one of the fortunate applicants for
the ".eco" domain extension.  It is a deal breaker for me as to which
registrar I choose based upon whether or not they have an environmental
program and use renewable energy to power their servers.  I have been
running into a stone wall and closer examination revealed if ICANN is not
demanding it why should we have to comply with a single customer making an
unwarranted demand.
As a member of the community:

   - ICANN needs to develop an environmental needs assessment to ensure the
   security and safety of the Internet
   - It also needs to look at means of addressing GHG from its core business
   as well as the registrars. We all have to begin to addressing environmental
   issues occurring in the world we live in.

If you do have a plan I would be happy to see it.  I look forward to a
response from you.

Moses Boone
.ECO-prenuer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mosesboone