Full support to the people and the culture, but not to the ".CAT"
- To: stld-rfp-cat@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Full support to the people and the culture, but not to the ".CAT"
- From: "arturop@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <arturop@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 10:45:21 -0400
- Reply-to: arturop@xxxxxxxxxxxx
As you know there are several kinds of TLD:
* Not vinculated to a place like ".com" ".edu" ".org" ".net"
* Or others vinculated to countries (ccLTD)like, as an example, ?.es?,
?.fr?, ?.uk?, ?.pt? etc.
If the organitation "puntcat" is heading to achieve this ".cat" is because
of political purposes, due to the fact that they want Catalonia out of
Spain. They could easily obtein some 2º level domain like ".cat.es" wich
woul suit the same for their objectives and wich would be better in a
geographical point of view: Catalonia is not a country but a region of
In Spain there are many regions (as in all the countries) and everyone has
its specialities wich make that Land different from the others. But that is
not a reason to give them a TLD because:
* evrery region, city, village could believe that they were in condition to
be awarded with a sponsored top-level domains. So London could want
".lond", New York ".NYC", etc.
* ".cat" doesn´t give any benefit to the internet community like could do
".xxx" ".cinema" ".hospital" ".art" ".car", etc
* what they want is a ccTLD, associated to "their country" when it is not a
country but a region of Spain
* they could fight and obtein the ".cat.es"
* the ".ct" that they wanted to obtein in the last request for proposals
for new sponsored top-level domains (sTLD's) made by ICANN and wich was
* there will be just three new sponsored top-level domains (sTLD's)and the
reasons argumented by "puntcat" don´t agree with the conditions proposed by
* Between the ten applications for new sponsored top-level domains (sTLD's)
most of the others are better than the ".cat"
* Catalonia is a region of Spain when everybody feels free. And if there is
verbal violence and hostility is against the people who want Catalonia to
stay where it is, inside Spain.
My very best regards to ICANN
Artur Pera Manlleu
mail2web - Check your email from the web at