- To: <stld-rfp-cat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Comment
- From: Stephen Withers <withers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:58:04 +1000
- Reply-to: swithers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Microsoft-Entourage/10.1.4.030702.0
I oppose the proposal.
We have already gone down a path where geography is reflected in ccTLDs.
Adding gTLDs for regional/cultural constituencies only serves to multiply
the number of TLDs in which people will need to register their domains.
This will cause confusion among end users, and increase the costs faced by
those registering domains. Only registrars and registries will benefit.