ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-general]

Comments from JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group

  • To: stld-rfp-general@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments from JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group
  • From: dom-sec@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:24:32 +0900

Dear Sirs, Mesdames,

Japan Network Information Center, JPNIC, has organized a study
group called "JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group" .

Please find the comments as per listed below for which we have
gathered and discussed for your reference.

Sincerely,

JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group

(general comment)

As we see .mail, .tel(NetNumber), and .mobi limit their usage based
on TLD rather than its community, we find difficult to make a
consistent explanation from existing sponsored TLD(.aero/.coop/.museum)
and thus we can not be fully confident to feel appropriateness of
these TLD .

Members of JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group