ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

.mail proposal comments

  • To: stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .mail proposal comments
  • From: "Scott Wolfersberger" <scottw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 08:43:29 -0400

  Although I agree that spam has become one of the biggest problems in the
IT and business communities today, I do not agree that charging legitimate
email domain owners $2000 to continue to use the email system is
reasonable.
  In your scenario, you have people, eventually, completely ignoring mail
from standard .com/.net/.org addresses.  In that case I would have to pay
the $2000 to continue to communicate with other businesses on the web.  I
find it completely backwards to impose a fine (and that's what it really is)
on the people that use the email system responsibly and for good business
reasons.  Perhaps this proposal should be re-assessed to see if the right
people are being punished for the spam problem.

Thank you,
Scott Wolfersberger
www.cse-consulting.com