ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

.mail TLD

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .mail TLD
  • From: "Mike Herrera" <mherrera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:46:46 -0500

I am opposed to this proposal.  First, I don't understand the high cost of
registration.  As a small, independent ISP this really favors the larger
players, for the small vanity domains it prices them, for the most part, out
of the market.  There are other, more viable, and more affordable proposals
available such as SPF.  I also have a definite problem with the
administration of this TLD being done by a third party which has a vested
interest which I think is incompatible with being responsible for the TLD.
Spamhaus has been one of the more responsible spam fighting organizations
and RBL but I think their role should be limited to that and not be given
the authority to grant or not grant the .mail extensions, this seems to be a
conflict of interest to a very high degree and not in the best interest of
the internet or its users.

Regards,

Mike Herrera
Access One Online Svcs.
http://www.access-one.com

Attend Peering Conference for ISP's, &
Meet Vircom, ISP Solutions; GlobalPOPS;
W. Scott McCollough, Telecom Atty;
Rodopi, ISP Billing & Provisioning Software
April 23-24, 2004, Dallas Texas
Full info: http://www.peercon.org