ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

.mail Good idea but will hurt all the little people

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .mail Good idea but will hurt all the little people
  • From: <cward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 01:26:25 -1200

Currently I resell webspace and do alot of web design and software development.

The issue I have like alot of other people is the $2000 charge.  I'm a 1 man
small business owner
with limited business income.  While I page under $10 for .com, .net domains
right now to have to
pay $2000 for a .mail would not work for me I'd rather sift through the 1000's
of spam mail I get
each day.

I think the idea and the higher level of authentication to get a .mail is a
great idea but the
price is way out of any small business owners budget and if you want everyone
on board with the
idea the price will have to be alot cheaper because without everyone on board
you will still have
to accept email from the .com's and .net's of the world.

Also what about the .name TLD.   I currently have it setup to get personal
email to it.  Will I
also have to buy a .name.mail so now we are talking 2000 for my company and
2000 for my personal
mail.  I say umm no spam filters are cheaper.

Just my thoughts.

Christopher M. Ward
Managing Partner
Dynamic By Design, Inc.