ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

.mail issue

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .mail issue
  • From: "Shawn Edwards" <sedwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:37:36 -0500

As an IT manager for a non-profit company, I am concerned with the
pricing of the .mail domain.  As a practice of standards, we purchase
the dominant TLD's for our site, and paying $2000 for one domain is
ext4remely steep.  If a price adjustment isn't in order, I strongly
recommend this fee be a one-time fee for the address, and that
registrars and ISP's are not allowed to charge additional fees to keep
this TLD active in the DNS.  In other words, if it's going to cost this
much, let's make it permanently owned without any additional fees,
ever.