ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

Objection over $2000 registration price

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Objection over $2000 registration price
  • From: "Bil" <bb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:51:36 -0700

After reviewing the .mail TLD proposal, I find the idea compelling. However, the impact of a $2000 registration would eliminate my ability to register by placing the cost out of reach for a small business.

The requirements proposed seem to eliminate the ability of most spammers to begin with; i.e. registration for at least 6 months, domain only available to verified owners of current domain and business entities, etc. But the $2000 registration price would kill the possibility for this small business to achieve the same protection proposed by the new .mail TLD.

Just my 2 cents.

Bil Brierley
Body Exotic