ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

$2000 Registration

  • To: stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: $2000 Registration
  • From: AlisaPhillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 06:44:51 -0700

My husband and I are small business owners trying to make our way in this world.  Creating web sites and having email addresses associated with them are inexpensive ways we can establish and promote our businesses.  We also provide email and web hosting to other users for a small fee.  Because we are small business providing this service to ourselves and other small business and individuals, we could never afford a $2000 registration fee.  It may not be the intent, but the end-product will be the squeezing of the little guy out of the email industry.  The spammers, I am sure, will find a way around it.  Their ilk always do.

Along the same topic, I would like the world to know that we have found a virtually fool-proof solution to spamming.  DON'T GIVE OUT YOUR PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESSES ON THE INTERNET -- use public ones that are not checked, or seldom checked, instead.

 We both have various email addresses.  The addresses @hotmail.com are used for websites that may legitimately need to contact us via email.  Our private email addresses are for friends and family only.  Business email addresses are for business correspondence only.  My @yahoo.com email is for websites that require my email address but from whom I do not want email -- I check it about once per month.  By following these simple rules the spam we receive is negligible.  People need to take a moment to get a little wiser about the internet and email, and then their woes will be fixed.