ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

$2000 Fee for .MAIL Seems Excessive

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: $2000 Fee for .MAIL Seems Excessive
  • From: "Pat Pfeifer" <pfeifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:03:18 -0600

As a small business owner, I am absolutely in support of the .MAIL domain for authenticating email. However, the large $2000 set up fee may prohibit me from registering a .MAIL domain.

I'm guessing that many other legitimate small businesses may not register a .MAIL domain as well because of the high registration fee.  If that is the case, then how will this become mainstream?   I'm afraid it will also lock out my .COM emails to large corporations that we do business with.

I think you should reconsider the hefty fee.  I just don't see why that is necessary.   I think it will only make it difficult for the "little" guys.

--Pat

Pat Pfeifer
Fake Brains, Inc
303-791-3301
pfeifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.fakebrains.com

NOTE: Due to the spread of viruses that automatically email infected attachments, I will always end my messages with "Pat".  If you receive an attachment from me without my signed name please disregard.

GIF image