ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mail]

Ouch

  • To: <stld-rfp-mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Ouch
  • From: "John E. Peterson" <john.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:53:38 -0400

I like the CONCEPT of the .mail extension to help eliminate spam (and require true return addresses).  But the $2000 fee?  You'll kill thousands of mom-and-pop shops on the net.

Our ImageVision software has grossed about $2000 over the course of 5 years.  Hardly economical for us.

And we can't just "do without" since everybody will start restricting mail that doesn't have a .mail extension which will leave us out in the cold.

Please make this fair to ALL.  You don't want to kill the grass-roots that has made the internet what is was in the first place.  If you make it a large corporation only place (ie: the $2000 registration) you have simply turned the internet into a huge resource for the large corporations and left everybody else (the small guy) out in the cold.

John E. Peterson
ImageVision Software, Fenton, MI   www.ivs2.com
Omni-Tech Corporation, Fenton, MI  www.omnicmm.com
Universal Motion Control, Inc, Fenton, MI  www.universal-mc.com