ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mobi]

Answering Ritva Siren

  • To: stld-rfp-mobi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Answering Ritva Siren
  • From: Andrew Goldman <andrew_p_goldman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Ritva,

I am very pleased that someone from your consortium has agreed to explain your .mobi proposal.

Your comment: 'Other communications businesses should take care of their of their related interests' is very revealing.

This statement implies that Mobi JV is in favor of various network access technology specific TLDs being issued by ICANN such as .landline, .wifi, .voip, .broadband.....etc.

I would be interested in understanding how you think this would work in practice from an end-user perspective?

Moreover, wouldn't all these 'separate application and node level names' you refer to, be available under a single .tel entry? It would be very easy to associate a mobile phone number with mobile.ritva.tel, a home phone with home.ritva.tel and so on.

I look forward to your explanations.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew Goldman

Do you Yahoo!?