Mario Monti Only Suitable Independent Evaluator for .Mobi
- To: stld-rfp-mobi@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Mario Monti Only Suitable Independent Evaluator for .Mobi
- From: James Gardner <james_gardner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 03:23:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-to: james_gardner@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dear ICANN Board Members,
It will be very difficult for you to find 'an independent expert' in the mobile
industry to examine the Mobi-JV application.
Most of the 'mobile experts' you will approach will either have a major conflict of
interest or will avoid negative comments on .Mobi out of fear of professional
retaliation from Mobi JV members.
Furthermore, many good issues raised in this forum relate to anti-trust and abuse of
dominant positions that 'an independent mobile expert' does not necessarily understand
because not related to his area of expertise.
Mario Monti and his team are the best 'independent experts' ICANN can get to evaluate
This solution has several advantages:
1) Given Mario Monti's reputation nobody will question his independent assessment.
2) It will protect ICANN against future claims that it awarded a legal monopoly to
Nokia, Microsoft and Vodafone.
3) It will prove that ICANN is concerned about the internet user and not just by
satisfying big businesses.
Washington DC's Largest FREE Email service. ---> http://www.DCemail.com ---> A
Washington Online Community Member --->