ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mobi]

Support for mTLD

  • To: <stld-rfp-mobi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Support for mTLD
  • From: "Steve Purdham" <Steve.Purdham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:54:49 +0100

Dear ICANN Leadership:
SurfControl plc is a leading Web and Email Filtering Operation with Global
reach and customer base that protects businesses schools and homes from
inappropriate content. A mTLD would significantly help us manage locate and
control, content categories helping our customers and the industry to make
choice of what content they wish to receive via this medium.

With over 20,000 Corporate Customers located/served across 137 countries
SurfControl plc is active in the Mobile Industry and has been involved in
Content issues at business and legislation levels.
As a leading organization and representing our customers interests we have
followed the mTLD initiative and reviewed the ICANN process to allocate a
mobile Top Level Domain (TLD).
SurfControl offers its strong support for the allocation of the .mobile TLD
and looks forward to working actively and as appropriate with the mTLD
organization and its representatives/members/partners to achieve a
mobile-specific domain name grant, available for use by all and to the
benefit of the Internet and mobile industry.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly.
Sincerely,

Steve Purdham
CEO

UK: +44-1260-296215
Tel: US: +1-831 440 2727
WWW: www.surfcontrol.com
Fax: +44-1260-296152
 SurfControl - the World's #1 Web & Email Filtering Company

Get the latest news on SurfControl and our products,
subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, SurfAdvisory at:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/resources/surfadvisory/surfadvisory_signup.aspx

email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
or omitted to  be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender.