ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-mobi]

[no subject]

  • To: <stld-rfp-mobi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject:
  • From: "Manfred Hackl" <manfred.hackl@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:17:42 +0200
  • Cc: "Harald Stadlbauer (E-Mail)" <harald.stadlbauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Karl Froeschl" <karl.froeschl@xxxxxx>

May 13th, 2004

Dear ICANN Leadership:

Forschungsverein E-Commerce Competence Center (EC3) is a leading Austrian research
center doing research and technological development in the area of e-commerce, with a
special focus on the mobile industry.

EC3 is a private-public-non-profit-partnership with twelve commercial organisations and
five university institutes involved. It is partly funded by the Austrian Federal
Ministry for Labour and Economic Affair and by the City of Vienna.

EC3 is very active in the RTD-related domain of the mobile industry and was organiser
of the 2nd International Conference on Mobile Business 2003.

As a leading organization and representing our stakeholders interests we have been
engaged with the mTLD initiative and reviewed the ICANN process to allocate a mobile
Top Level Domain (TLD).

EC3 offers its strong support for the allocation of a .mobile TLD and looks forward to
working actively and as appropriate with the mTLD organization and its
representatives/members/partners to achieve a mobile-specific domain name grant,
available for use by all of our partners and to the benefit of the Internet and mobile
industry.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Sincerely,
Manfred Hackl